Cumulus 10.1.1 adds new features to help you simplify your day-to-day business
Portals Plugin API
We’re giving you tools to enhance the user experience in Cumulus Portals. The Portals Plugin API makes it easy. It allows you to add additional functionality via configurable buttons. These buttons can be hooked into the thumbnail view and the basket. The plugins are hosted in a special Portals folder and can be managed via the Web Server Console.
With 10.1.1 Canto provides sample plugins to demonstrate the possibilities.
- Button on thumbnail view – The sample plugin adds a button to the actions panel on thumbnail of asset, that will open the item/asset within Cumulus Web Client
- Button in basket overlay – The sample plugin adds a button to the basket overlay that creates an email listing the record names of all assets assigned to the basket.
Print Templates for Cumulus Web Client
Ever need to print off a contact sheet with several images? Or need a quick overview to discuss selected assets with a colleague? No problem! Cumulus Web Client now offers Print Templates for printing a selection of assets as contact sheets. The selection of assets can result from a search, a collection or be individually selected. The print results can be as various as the templates provided. You can even use this function to print product information sheets.
The templates available for a user depends on the permissions granted via the Cumulus User Manager (Catalog Permissions > Print Templates Permissions). The Print Templates are created and edited via the Preferences window (Admin Client). By default Cumulus Web Client provides three templates:
InDesign Client Enhancements
The Cumulus InDesign Client was enhanced with small but really nice functions that will make your daily work easier.
- Once an InDesign document is checked in, the included assets are also checked in and the reference for each of them is updated to the new Cumulus location.
- When closing a document that is checked out, the InDesign Client will inform you and offer the options to “Keep checked out” or “Undo check out”.
- Assets included within the InDesign document can now be opened by its default application – launching from within InDesign. Click the “Edit Original” option from the context menu on the Links panel and you can edit the asset in its default application; e.g. open and edit an included image with Adobe Photoshop.
- Delete assets – Provided the user has appropriate permissions, you can now delete assets out of Cumulus from within InDesign. The palette menu of Records panel will bring this up as an additional option for the selected record. If the asset includes sub-assets (e.g. an InDesign document including all pages) these sub assets will also be deleted.
Reset Password with Cumulus 10.1.1
With 10.1.1 both Portals and Web Client offer you to reset your password. If you have forgotten your password, want to change it or if the password has expired, you may do so from the welcome screen. Cumulus will check the permissions and send an email with a link that allows the user to change the password. If the password has expired and the user no longer has the required permissions, the user will get an appropriate notice.
Not all organizations want to allow passwords to be reset. As such, Canto once again allows you granular configurability based on your unique business requirements. The administrator can enable or disable the Reset Password function via the Configurator modules of the Web Server Console. For instance, in the case of Single Sign On integrations with corporate IT settings, you may choose to globally disable the Cumulus reset password.
We are excited to share this new Cumulus release.